Aug 30, 2022
Laurie Sayles says, "the government is the biggest purchaser of
everything," and she believes that there are huge government
contracting opportunities available for African American owned
businesses that are just waiting to be applied for.
Growing up in the housing projects of Chicago, Laurie learned at
an early age how to handle her family's finances. She later took
her unique skillsets (a combination of street savvy, military
training, entrepreneurial spirit and a strong faith) and built
Civility Managment Solutions, an 8(A) Certified company that has
received multi-million dollar government contracts.
In this inspiring episode, Laurie sheds light on:
- Her journey to becoming 8(A) Certified
- How long it took after she became certified before she received
her first big government contract.
- Is every business fit to do business with the government?
- What organizations can help you become 8A Certified.
Laurie also reveals:
- Why her husband became one of her biggest enemies when her
business started to succeed.
- Why entrepreneurs should think more about creating jobs.
- What she's investing in today.
- Her plan for leaving a wealth legacy that will benefit others
for 15 generations
- How she sets and achieves her goals.
Connect with Laurie at:
To connect with Monique on Instagram, click here.
To join the Sisternomics Private Facebook community,
Hit the share button and send this episode to a friend or colleague
who can benefit from it!
Thank you for listening!